Today I have been investigating enhancing the
reload() method with a list of difference objects. So far this has been relatively simple to implement.
Next week I plan to figure out the design of what will become the
configuration_change_hook_manager facility, but let's go through some preliminary thoughts
- The hook should be addressed by the configuration property's name.
- The hook should have the new and old values passed to it.
- The hook manager should be invoked on the list of changes to the configuration
- configuration_hook should follow a builder pattern as the
- It should make noise about unhooked configuration changes in the log
- This is important for debugging and properly informing admins about the potential issue not restarting their server might cause.
- It might be worth adding a configuration option to make it error out when a configuration change isn't able to be handled.
- I should talk to J about this since their work is likely to intersect it.